Download 26AS (Tax Credit Statement) from Bank
view & download Form 26AS from your Bank?
Income Tax Department insists on matching TDS
certificates with 26AS. You have three different options to view and
download your 26AS. You can download using any of the three options
however I feel that mostly people find it convenient to download 26AS
through net banking as generally net banking credentials are clear in
our mind & we dont struggle for locating the log-in details.
How to download 26AS through your e-filing account at Income Tax
Step by Step Process to View & Download
26AS from your Net Banking
Log in to your Net Banking Account.
- Now in your Account locate Something like Tax Centre,
Income Tax or e-services etc. Every bank has its own idea or system of
navigation to 26AS, you need to locate that. I have done it for ICICI
Bank & SBI Bank:
- For account with ICICI Bank, go to Payments &
Transfer at the top navigation and then in Payments & Transfer go
to Tax Centre
- For SBI Bank Accounts First go to E-services, in there go to My Certificates
- There will be an option to view Tax Credit(26AS).
- A confirmation page confirming you PAN will be there. You need to Confirm and
- Now you will be redirected to TRACES. Refer the image
- Now click on the radio button to agree for terms
& conditions and proceed.
- Now after proceeding you need to click on View Tax
Credit(26AS) at the bottom left.
- Refer following image:
- Finally you are at your 26AS - Refer the image below
- Select the Assessment Year for which you want to view
your Tax Credit.
- For financial year 2019-20, Assessment Year is 2020-21
- On selecting the Assessment Year, next is view as
- Here HTML option should be selected.
- Now you will be viewing your 26AS.
- To download 26AS, go to the option export as pdf.
- Your 26AS will be downloaded. Save it at a place
where it can be easily located.
to open 26AS
The 26AS in pdf format is password protected.
Password to open the downloaded 26AS is your Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY
If date of birth is 11th January 1990, the password will be 11011990
Hope to have guided the process well.
Dont forget to give your feed
back or ask your query.
Drop your mail to Arpita at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some other useful wrtie ups:
on property purchase
TDS by submitting Form 15G and Form 15H
Missed the due
date of return filing! file it now as belated!
return with mistakes!! File a revised return!!
deduction from salary of Rs. 40000/-...read in detail...