Download 26AS (Tax Credit Statement) from
view & download Form 26AS from TRACES?
Income Tax Department insists on matching TDS
certificates with 26AS. 26AScan be downloaded through your e-filing
account at Income Tax
portal and the process is also pretty simple, you just need to remember
credentials to income tax e-filing portal.
download 26AS through your Bank?
My experience is that most
of the people search for their log in details of Income Tax e-filing
portal just at the time of filing their Income
Tax Returns. No issues you can now log in to E-filing portal thriugh
your Bank too. Lets log in to e-filing portal to download 26AS - Here
is the complete process...
Step by Step Process to View & Download
26AS from E-filing portal
Log in to your e-filing account on Income Tax E-filing Portal ie.
Refer the image below and follow the steps:
- After logging on to e-filing click on My Account on the top blue
- Here in the drop down options, first option is view
26AS(Tax Credit). Click on that.
- A confirmation page will appear. Confirm here and
- Now you will be redirected to TRACES. Refer the image
- Now click on the radio button to agree for terms
& conditions and proceed.
- After proceeding you need to click on View Tax
Credit(26AS) at the bottom left.
- Refer following image:
- Finally you are at your 26AS - Refer the image below
- Select the Assessment Year for which you want to view
your Tax Credit.
- For financial year 2019-20, Assessment Year is 2020-21
- On selecting the Assessment Year, next is view as
- Here HTML option should be selected.
- Now you will be viewing your 26AS.
- To download 26AS, go to the option export as pdf.
- Your 26AS will be downloaded. Save it at a place
where it can be easily located.
to open 26AS
The 26AS in pdf format is password protected.
Password to open the downloaded 26AS is your Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY
If date of birth is 11th January 1990, the password will be 11011990
Hope to have guided the process well. Dont forget to give your feed
back or ask your query. Drop your mail to Arpita at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some other useful
on property purchase
TDS by submitting Form 15G and Form 15H
Missed the due
date of return filing! file it now as belated!
return with mistakes!! File a revised return!!
deduction from salary of Rs. 40000/-...read in detail...