"Respond to Outstanding Demand of Income
We are regularly receiving mails regarding outstanding demand of income
tax on e-filing portal. Some times this demand is genuine but some
times its not correct as well. We are seeing many cases where demand
past years for which returns were filed manually is appearing on
e-filing portal. Remedy in such cases is to meet the jurisdictional
Assessing Officer & file a rectification with him.
portal of Income Tax Department is regularly updating,
introducing changes to make it more user friendly. Recently,
Income Tax Department has
come up with a very needy update "Respond
to Outstanding Demand".
Through this option now we can reply to CPC about what steps have we
taken to get the outstanding demand deleted.
- Log in to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Now on the home page of your account, go to e-file from the top blue
navigation bar, as shown in the picture below:
Here Select option "Response to Outstanding Tax Demand"
- Now enter the catcha code.
- On submitting the captcha code it will take you to
the demand section as shown in the image below:
- Here click on Submit button.
- Now following screen will appear:
- Here choose the appropriate response.
- After choosing the appropriate response, reason for
that must also be selected as shown in the above image.
selecting reason, it may further ask for some details like, Challan
details of demand paid or date of filing rectification etc.
- Fill in the required details and click submit. Your
response will be submitted to CPC.