to register/create Log in on IT E-filing Website?
very important step is to register/create your Log in on Income Tax
India e-filing Website. The whole process is explained here step by
step in simple words. So get set go and register yourself now:
- Go to this webportal -
- Select from top left blue bar: I am - Tax Payer- Individual/HUF
- Now on the top right side click on Register
- Here select user type Individual
- Now a screen appears where in fill the asked
details as per your PAN:
- your PAN
- Your Surname, middle name & first
name should be as in your PAN
- Date of Birth as per PAN in DD/MM/YYYY format
- a valid e-mail id where in the activation
link and other future communications will be sent by the IT department
- a valid mobile number
- Click on submit button, a form will appear as
select a password which should contain atleast one special character
(@, #, $, & etc.), one numeric character, one alphabet,
one uppercase alphabet and overall it should be 8-14
a primary secret question & ots answer. This question you must
somewhere or select a regular question & answer. It is useful
case you forget your password.
- Secondary question shall also be selected on
- Fill the details of your residential address
& permanent address.
- Submit the form.
screen will appear saying your login created and an activation link is
sent to your email provided while registeration. Go to your mail and
activate the link.
- Congratulations! Now you are registered on
Income Tax Department's e-filing website.
- At the time of log-in you need to enter your
PAN, password & date of birth.
If already registered but forgot password click here :How to reset Password on Income
Tax India's e-filing Website